Join the League
The League of Off-Broadway Theatres and Producers invites you and/or your production or theatre to join an organization with a long tradition of support and service to the Off-Broadway industry. The League was founded in 1959 to foster theatrical productions produced in Off-Broadway theatres, to assist in the voluntary exchange of information among its members, and to serve as the collective voice of its membership in pursuit of these goals.
Member benefits (where applicable) include:
- Representation at the negotiation table for collective bargaining agreements with Actors' Equity Association and The Stage Directors and Choreographers Society.
- Support at grievance proceedings under those agreements, as well as information and guidance regarding the history of the agreements and past industry practices.
- Shared information at membership meetings with regard to our members' experiences and concerns, and trends within the industry.
- Promotional opportunities throughout the year, including the Off-Broadway Week promotion with NYC & Company and automatic registration for the Lucille Lortel Awards (Off-Broadway's premier award; celebration held annually in May).
There are four categories of membership:
- Theatres ($100 annual dues, must be between 100-499 seats)
- Productions ($350 annual dues for commercial productions, $200 annual dues for not-for-profit productions, and $100 annual dues for not-for-profit productions in theatres with 199 seats or fewer)
- Individuals ($150 annual dues)
- Associates ($50 annual dues)
The League's annual season begins on April 1st and ends on March 31st.
Any person or business entity engaged as an Off-Broadway theatre owner or operator, theatre manager, or producer or manager of a production in an Off-Broadway theatre (100-499 seats) may apply for membership. Members of the League of Off-Broadway Theatres and Producers are obligated to abide by the collective bargaining agreements currently in place with AEA and SDC.